Airport Owners Liability Insurance
What is Airport Owners Liability Insurance?
This Insurance protects the Airport Owners / Operators against legal liabilities
(a) for bodily injury including death at any time resulting therefrom
(b) for loss of or damage to property of others caused by accident occurring during the period mentioned in the Schedule arising out of maintenance and operations of Airport and connecting facilities.
What is covered under the Airport Owners Liability Insurance?
Section 1: Bodily Injury or Property Damage
- In or about the premises specified in the Schedule, as a direct result of the services granted by the Insured.
- Elsewhere in the course of any work or of the performance of any duties carried out by the Insured or his employees in connection with the business or operations specified in the Schedule caused by the fault or negligence of the Insured or any of his employees engaged in the Insured’s business or by any defect in the Insured’s premises, ways, works, machinery or plant used in the Insured’s business.
- Loss of or damage to aircraft or aircraft equipment, not owned, rented or leased by the Insured, whilst on the ground in the care, custody or control of or whilst being serviced, handled or maintained by the Insured or any servant of the Insured.
- Bodily Injury or property damage arising out of the possession, use, consumption or handling of any goods or products manufactured, constructed, altered, repaired, serviced, treated, sold, supplied or distributed by the Insured or his employees, but only in respect of such goods or products which form part of or are used in conjunction with aircraft, and then only after such goods or products have ceased to be in the possession or under the control of the Insured.
In addition to the limits set out in the Schedule, insurers will pay all legal and other costs incurred with their consent in the defence of any claim made against the Insured, provided that in the event of their requiring any claim to be contested up to the sum insured under this policy.
Other types of insurance cover
You will need contents insurance, sometimes known as all risk cover, for items for which you require cover out with the home. Please provide details of these items at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
Accidental Damage cover provides protection against costs incurred through damage that you, your family members or visitors may cause to the structure of your Building or to your Contents. Examples of incidents which would be covered under this extension include putting your foot through the loft floor damaging the ceiling below, leaving a tap running leading to water damage or carpet spillages. Such incidents would not be included under a policy taken out to cover Standard Perils only.
Additional charges will apply and in certain circumstances this cover might not be available.
Items kept in the garage or garden sheds will be covered under the Contents section of your policy provided you have included their value in the total sum insured declared. Limits may apply to the amount that can be claimed for theft of items taken from outbuildings and additional charges may be made for certain items such as ride on mowers. Cover for motor vehicles and motorcycles is excluded. Please declare your requirements for cover kept in outbuildings at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
In most cases you will need to arrange cover for your own contents and personal possessions. Please refer to your tenancy agreement to check what, if any cover is provided by your landlord.
An excess is the amount a policyholder is required to pay towards the cost of any claim. You may be asked to pay this amount to a company that has carried out repairs on behalf of your insurer, or alternatively the sum will be deducted from any settlement received.
- Ensure you declare a list of items to be insured under contents insurance including serial numbers, model, make and have the correct sum insured
- Always keep valuables safely and locked out of site to protect against the risk of theft